Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Completing correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Medina.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, including your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.