When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it could still be hiding toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Many people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s well-being, you might first consider continuing the bottled water approach. Sadly, this gets expensive fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can accumulate in the water main soon after heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to scale back water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.