Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think over, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your bank account if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system fails. You can circumvent the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your residence comfier and decreasing your ongoing utility costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be authorized for a discount because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We realize the cost of replacing your full system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 330-305-2799 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.