Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Medina. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Medina heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Medina heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 330-305-2799 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Medina heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it could also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Medina temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.