There are a lot of fumes that could be inside your Medina home. Natural gas and vapors that derive from household furniture, carpeting and paints. Not a one of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-305-2799 now to begin protecting your residence against this toxic gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not something to take lightly.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you cannot observe it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low amounts and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can creep into your house during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a home, carbon monoxide may become lethal in within minutes.
Once breathed in, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing pure air, it requires five hours to get it out of your body. It requires an extra five hours to reduce that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mirror Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide may also cause conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three things you can take to keep your house safe:
- Every residence with at least one gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. You should have a sensor on each level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your home?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-305-2799 to buy one. Ask our specialists about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide system, frequently check or put in new batteries. You should look at batteries every season, and get a new detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, get out of your house without delay and call 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Support from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the recommended actions your home can be protected from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 330-305-2799 to learn more.