Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Medina and keeping bills low.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy expenses less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern air conditioning systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can do a couple other methods to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your habits and change the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right fit for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.